[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Remote EJBs

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 26 13:09:45 EDT 2006

1. At least in CVS it is conceptually possible to have a remote Seam component. (I forget whether a nonbuggy implementation made it into 1.0.1.)

However, this feature requires that the implementation class for the remote bean is in the client classpath, which is not usually the case. (I'm not quite sure what I can do about that one .... I suppose I can support @Name on remote interfaces...?)

Alternatively, you can just call the remote EJB using normal EJB3 mechanisms, inject it using @EJB.

2. You need a dedicated remote interface, annotated @Remote.

3. You need to implement your own exception handling layer for this. Either deal with the exception in client code, or in a servlet filter or web.xml. Unfortunately JSF (amazingly) does not provide any good place to handle these kinds of exceptions :-(

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961074#3961074

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961074