[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: ClassCastException accessing EJB3 from portlet

cuoz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 26 17:31:21 EDT 2006

Ok, I made progress and got it to "work", but it's not 100% of what I was hoping for.  Here's what I did, maybe there is a way to improve on it to obtain my ultimate goal.

1.  I packaged all of the applications into their own ear files, with loader-repository entries in jboss-app.xml.
2.  I switched from local interfaces to remote
3.  I needed to include the server classes (ClientEJB) as well as the client classes with the web application.
4.  I tested this setup with a portlet and also a full webapp.  I was able to hot deploy any piece(s) that I wanted without affecting operation of the others.

The only drawback is that I needed to have all the server classes in the client applications.  I'm guessing that I didn't have to do this with my EJB2.1 application because I was actually dealing with proxies for the home & local/remote interfaces.

At some point I'll test to see if I actually need the loader-repository entries or not.

Thanks again for the assistance.  Let me know if you have better ideas for how to accomplish what I'm looking for.

Gary.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961138#3961138

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961138