[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Redirect

CptnKirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 26 23:29:03 EDT 2006

I can think of a few things you might want to try.

1. Use @Redirect, the redirect filter and the facesMessages component combinded with a <h:messages globalOnly="true"/> in your error.xhtml.

2. If that doesn't work (ask Gavin why not, as I'm pretty sure it should), you can outject an error message string and then use it in your error.xhtml.

3. You can have a couple generic error pages.  data_error.xhtml, security_error.xhtml, etc based on common exception types.  In this scenario you wouldn't get truely dynamic content, but would be able to but up a nice message telling the user that a data error has occurred, the error has been logged and to try again in a few minutes.  Which is just about all you can do when something like this happens anyway.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961175#3961175

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961175