[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Data file synchronization

mike.daleiden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 27 11:22:36 EDT 2006

If the farm service is not meant for file distribution, is there some other mechanism in JBoss that can be used for this type of service?  The reason I ask is that we have a situation that is similar to what andystoy described, where we have some common configuration files that we need to automatically distribute to all servers in the cluster.  The main file we want to synchronize between servers is our log4j.xml file, so that all servers have the same logging configuration.  All of our other software components are deployable units and we are using farming to do distributed deployment of these components, so that we do not have to manually distribute to each node in the cluster.  We would like to have some mechanism to distribute the configuration files (e.g., log4j.xml) from a "master" node to all of the other nodes in the cluster, so that we do not have to copy the files to each server manually (which will not be practical, once we go to a geographically separated environment later this year).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961321#3961321

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961321