[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: User Input Req for 2.6 Usability and UI enhancements

wtff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 27 14:25:49 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : However, one can spend weeks trying to arrange all the libs so that the technologies work well together and yet not find a way to do it.

I menat to say: "... arrange all the libs OUTSIDE of one's JEE apps..."

Take a look at the SEAM samples. All the libs are always contained within the webapps. If I try to put all libs for JSF, JSF render-kits, Facelets, SEAM etc. into some JBoss location, some lib dir, or tomcat-lib dir, the whole shebang doesn't work.
One will find that a webapp which only uses ADFFaces suddenly fails with a stacktrace that contains SEAM JSF listeners although the webapp uses an isolated classloader and doesn't use SEAM....
Problems like these keep me from really getting started with portals plus rich client stuff.
I'd need to have guidance on how to best integrate several technologies.
I.E. there should be additional sample apps which better showcase real-world usecases.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961388#3961388

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961388