[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Progress

chane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 27 14:57:04 EDT 2006

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : Basically it just didn't work very well ;-)

  | The trouble with @Conversational is that lots of methods of the component can get called before an action method. There may not even be an action method.

I think I discovered that one my own.  It seems like I have some cases where I think it should work but doesn't...

Guess I'm back to the design mode.  I'm trying to put in a framework that handles exceptions - basically all exceptions should redirect to an error page that displays FacesMessages if present.

The specific case I'm working on is:
a) user submits a page that throws a BusinessExcpetion
b) BusinessException is annotated with @Redirect
c) error page is displayed correclty

d) user in a different window corrects the error
e) user than returns to the original window (still displaying the error message) and hits the back button
f) the same page is resubmitted - an ugle error is generated basically saying that a conversation is already started and to use (Begin join=true)
   - however, the conversation was rolledback and I believe destroyed in #b/c

I've read some of the other threads/JIRA about using Servlets / modifying JSF, so I'll think about it some more.  Anyway, just curious how other handle generic exceptions rather than showing the ugly app server error messages or generic http messages.

Chris....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961395#3961395

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961395