[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: JBPM-BPEL 1.1-beta1 and JBOSS AS 4.0.4 helloworldservice

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 27 18:32:49 EDT 2006

I was using JDK 1.5.0_05. I upgraded to JDK 1.5.0_07 and I hit the IncompatibleClassException. It looks like they changed the behavior at some release after JDK 1.5.0_05. A note in the javax.xml.namespace.QName source code explains:
anonymous wrote :      * Due to a historical defect, QName was released with multiple
  |      * serialVersionUID values even though its serialization was the
  |      * same.
  |      *
  |      * To workaround this issue, serialVersionUID is set with either
  |      * a default value or a compatibility value.  To use the
  |      * compatiblity value, set the system property:
  |      *
  |      * com.sun.xml.namespace.QName.useCompatibleSerialVersionUID=1.0.

Running the tests with the aforementioned system property set fixes the incompatibility problem:

- Set the ANT_OPTS environment property to -Dcom.sun.xml.namespace.QName.useCompatibleSerialVersionUID=1.0 so that the ant batch file/shell script passes the system property to the JVM.

- Execute target run-test. You will notice JBossWS requires some Xerces class not included in the JDK, so you still need Xerces on the classpath.

- Replace BPEL_HOME/doc/examples/process.template.xml with the file attached to the jBPM BPEL beta 1 addendum wiki page.

- Execute run-test again. It should work this time.

Alternatively, you can use the endorsed standards override mechanism. Endorsing seems easier than the above procedure. I will recommend endorsing in future BPEL releases.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961444#3961444

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961444