[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: User Input Req for 2.6 Usability and UI enhancements

wtff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 28 03:39:50 EDT 2006

yeah, I see your point. As you mentioned, putting libs into the app is the easiest way. What I am proposing is that JBoss provides guidance on how to deal with the shared lib approach for those developers who want to go the other way.

Let's say that there was one howto on how to install SEAM, Facelets, JSF, Tomawhak, Trinidat and jBPM into Jboss as shared libs and then deploy a portlet app which makes use of these technologies.

In this case, the effort of finding out how to do this was invested only once and the knowledge made available to all developers who then wouldn't have to find out for themselves one by one.

Stripping this configuration down can then be done easily I suppose because  moving part of the libs from a shared mode into apps will probably not break anything.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961499#3961499

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961499