[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Custom principal in Web application

j2ee_junkie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 28 08:54:49 EDT 2006

Dear gang,

This was an interesting hunt for me as I have not used client certs before.  I think you have two options.

1.) Follow JBossSX Subject usage package in your custom login module and add a java.security.acl.Group with name "CallerPrincipal" to the authenticated Subject's principal set.  In that group, add your custom Principal class.

2.) Have your custom principal extend org.jboss.security.CertificatePrincipal and set this as the "certificatePrincipal" attribute in Tomcat's server.xml file for JBossSecurityMgrRealm config.

if you need more details or if you have problems, let us know. cgriffith

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961544#3961544

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961544