[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Pojo (Tree Cache) locking question

shalnagr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 31 17:05:16 EDT 2006

Hello

I am trying to use the org.jboss.cache.lock.* package
in order to obtain (replicated) cache wide Object Locking.

Using the IdentityLock class I have managed to lock  (write locks) objects (annotated  pojos) on a single node.
For some reason the lock does not seem to prevent other nodes in the cluster
, from obtaining locks to the same object.
Is it because I am using the DummyTransactionManager preconfigured in the release's example XMLs
I am using 1.4GA version.
The
 ?   tx.start
       pojo1.setField1();
       pojo2.setField2() ;
       tx.commit()
?
Way of doing things is not going to workout for me.
I Really need cluster wide directlocks.

Many Thanks

Shal.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962011#3962011