[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Own dead letter queue

andreyT do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 1 02:26:29 EST 2006

"jaikiran" wrote : Not quite clear about your requirement. Do you want the messages which are discarded from your "queue/interlayC" to be sent to "queue/sns/DLQ" ?

Yes. I want the messages that could not be processed due to some failure in the system from "queue/interlayC" to be sent to "queue/sns/DLQ".

"jaikiran" wrote : If thats what you want then, you need not do all this. Just add an entry to the "queue/interlayC" configuration as follows:

  | <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
  |   | 	 name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=interlayC">
  |   |     <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  |   |
  |   | .......
  |   |
  |   |     <!--Jaikiran: Configuring to use my own DLQ on expiration of message -->
  |   |     <depends optional-attribute-name="ExpiryDestination">jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=sns/DLQ</depends>
  |   |
  |   | .......
  |   |   </mbean>
  |
  | For more details have a look at:
  |
  | http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ExpiryDestination
  |

>From Wiki:
DLQ: A dead letter queue stores requests that could not be processed due to some failure in the system, application or configuration.
ExpiryDestination: expired messages can now be moved into a separate destination

In my opinion, it is different queues. I have tried yours the decision. It has not worked.
Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982298#3982298

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982298