[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Messaging 1.2.0.Alpha2 released

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 1 15:21:05 EST 2006

The main thing in this release is a stable implementation of message redistribution.

This is the feature whereby messages are automatically distributed between nodes according to how fast/slow consumers are on different nodes.

I'd be particularly interested in any results in a "real" environment if anyone is willing to give it a go and experiment.

How to configure this is explained in the clustering guide inside the distribution.

Basically you just need to specify the MessagePullPolicy in the post office config as so:

  | <attribute name="MessagePullPolicy">org.jboss.messaging.core.plugin.postoffice.cluster.DefaultMessagePullPolicy</attribute>

You may also want to reduce the stats send period to a lower value.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982459#3982459

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982459