[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Jboss SSO Web Application

nipunbatra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 1 20:45:45 EST 2006

Hi Sohil

Thanks for your response, But I am confused now

As discussed in documents I wrote my own LoginProvider where I validate username and password, Now in that code I do not use any kind of JAAS LoginModule  and I am not setting any Principal in the subject after validating user.

If I write JAAS based Authentication in my application where exactly I can link it with JBoss SSO. Also as per my understanding the Identity manager shd be on one central server  and rest of the application on remote server should contact identity manager to validate any user.

Looking at the code, if I call following on my remote application
LoginProvider provider = IdentityManager.findLoginProvider();
       boolean loginSuccess = provider.login("passwordTester","password2006".getBytes());

the login methid in this case will be invokes at local server or central server ?

Thanks again for your help
Nipun

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982512#3982512

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982512