[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Is there an equivalent of @RemoteBindings in jboss.xml

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 2 03:06:56 EST 2006

I think my previous posts weren't as to-the-point as they could have been; sorry for that.  And I've never invoked EJB3 over SSL, so everything in this post is just stuff I've come across while doing other related dev.

"sbivol" wrote : I'm not familiar with the Binding Manager, so I'd like to make sure I got it right. So you're saying that, if I:
  | a) deploy the ssl-service.xml within the ejb jar just like in the ejb3 ssl tutorial for example

Nope...that file should go under your "deploy" directory...

"sbivol" wrote : b) not use any @RemoteBinding annotation or its equivalent jboss.xml constructs

Well, you'll need @RemoteBinding (or XML equiv) to override the "clientBindUrl" property, specifying a protocol of "sslsocket" in place of the default "socket".  Something like:

@RemoteBindings({
  |       @RemoteBinding(clientBindUrl="sslsocket://0.0.0.0:3843", jndiBinding="StatefulSSL"),
  |       @RemoteBinding(jndiBinding="StatefulNormal")
  |    })

..which is from the Transport documentation http://docs.jboss.org/ejb3/app-server/reference/build/reference/en/html/transport.html.  The above example binds the EJB both on SSL and non-SSL sockets, placing the proxy stubs in JNDI.

"sbivol" wrote : If I now DO NOT use this annotation, how would a client state that it needs to use a service over ssl or non-ssl?

The client may differentiate which transport to use by looking up the appropriate JNDI address.

I couldn't yet find documentation for the corresponding XML for jboss.xml - overriding these properties for @RemoteBinding was new in RC9 (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/EJBTHREE-571) and I'm not sure if the docs are out there yet.

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982581#3982581

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982581