[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - auto redeploy dynamic mbean on JBoss restart

cnsxxx09 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 2 03:13:57 EST 2006

Hi,

When JBoss restarts, is there a way to get it to automatically redeploy any (dynamic) mbeans that were previously running? (My MBeans are -not- physically deployed into the deploy/ directory).

I'm using a scheduler to dynamically create and register one-to-many instances of an mbean into JBoss. (Each one can then be manipulated independently in the JBoss JMX Console).

With a little bit of work I managed to get the attributes persistent for these dynamic mbeans (see recent post 'persist & auto-restart mbean').

But since they don't physically exist, JBoss doesn't know to deploy them when it restarts.
At least, when JBoss restarts, the information about these dynamic mbeans -is- stored in a file in the xmbean-attrs/ directory. So is there a way to tell JBoss to use this to automatically redploy the MBean and load it's last used attributes?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
-=-=-

(Link to previous post: http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=93355 )