[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - IDE2.0.0 packing and deployment

cdreyer1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 2 06:43:00 EST 2006

I'm trying to understand the packing and deployment functions of the JBoss IDE.

The environment is
- JBoss IDE 2.0.0 beta 2
- Jboss AS 4.0.5
- and I have created a Dynamic Web Project (a servlet) called TestApp

Selecting "Run on Server" will copy project files from the directories build and WebContent from my project to \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\TestApp. Then a JBoss IDE Ant publish file called jboss.publish.xml will be executed to create a WAR file. The WAR file is then moved to the deploy directory of my JBoss AS server.

My questions are:
1) It seem that the Packing Configurations feature of Eclipse is disconnected from this process and has no impact. Is this true?

2) Why copy the project files from one place (the project) to another place and then pack them into a WAR file?

3) What is the proper way of modifying the build process with the JBoss IDE?  Should I modify the jboss.publish.xml or create a new Ant build file?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Claus Dreyer

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982629#3982629