[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: auto redeploy dynamic mbean on JBoss restart

cnsxxx09 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 2 07:53:59 EST 2006

Thanks for the info, this "experimental feature" sounds interesting ...

So, I need to do the following:
1. deploy the Deployment Service file found here:
$JBOSS_HOME/docs/examples/varia/deployment-service/deployment-service.sar
(keeping the default settings)

2a. create a template file(s) for my MBean in:
$JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/templates/mymbean/
(using the jms-queue as an example)

2b. add my persitence descriptor(s) to the velocity template

3. change my existing code (see other topic) to dynamically create XMBeans using this Deployment Service
(instead of registering them diretly in the server).

Then, when I dynamically create my XMBeans, JBoss will physically generate my mbean archive with XML config and drop it into the $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/ directory - thus guaranteeing that it is redeployed upon a server restart.

And then when JBoss restarts, because my beans are XMBeans specifying a persistence manager, then they will be redeployed and the attributes automatically loaded from the xml-attr/ store.

If it works as I think it does (see above) then this sounds ideal ... as long as multiple instances of the same XMbean can exist with separate persisted attributes then problem solved!

Thanks

Chris
-=-=

PS - when I stop/destroy my MBean (using the JMX-Console) I need to also make sure that they are physically destroyed, and not redeployed ...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982649#3982649

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982649