[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - How do I programmatically get/put data from a cluster of sta

tdenmark do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 2 13:28:27 EST 2006

Hey all --

I'm very new to JBoss Cache, but am excited by what I've read so far.  We're interested in running a number of cache instances as a cluster of lightweight standalone cache JVM's (ie: NOT deployed as an MBean within a JBoss AS).

My question is, after I've started up a cluster of standalone cache instances, how can I programatically access the cache from client code in a separate JVM that isn't a member of the cluster?

I haven't been able to find any sample code or API's which allow me to do this other than the typical creation of a new TreeCache, calling startService() which places me in the cluster and replicates all data to me (wasteful, no?), and then get()'ing data from my new TreeCache instance which I would want to throw away immediately.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982739#3982739

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982739