[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Found it by mistake

david.hoffman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 2 15:56:35 EST 2006

Thanks Peter.

I did find a solution, quite frankly by mistake.  I looked to see what it was that defined a default page for a portal, and figured it was worth a try.

I am not sure how you would do through xml files etcetera, but I did find out that you could do it though the management portlet on the Admin Tab of the "default" portal.

  | Click on the root node.
  | Click on properties.
  | Add a new property named "portal.defaultObjectName" with
  |       a value of the new portal instance (in my example "newportal")
  | Click update.

Now when you go to /portal you end up getting to the new portal instance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982784#3982784

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982784