[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam 1.1 beta 1

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 5 17:03:11 EST 2006

"bpatters" wrote : HUGE kudo's for the facelet support of parameters in action expressions!

  | Being able to do: "#{contact.addContact(c)}" has really simplified some the things I'm trying to do.
  |

  | One thing, I don't know if this is a bug or I'm misunderstanding something but:
  |
  | a4j namespace is the Ajax4Jsf function set.
  |
  | the command:
  |
  | <a4j:commandLink action="#{contactManager.deleteContact(c)}"/>Works inside a datatable like:
  | <h:dataTable var="c" value="#{contacts}">
  |   |  <h:column>
  |   |       ## above action here
  |   | </h:column>
  |   | </h:dataTable>
  | But when it's inside:
  | <c:forEach var="c" items="#{contacts}">
  |   |   ## command goes here
  |   | </c>
  |
  | it doesn't work, the pareamter sent to the function always resolves to null.
  |

  | The above is just a contrived example of what I saw last night with my real application, if you need the real code example that doesn't work I will have to do that tonight/this weekend.

Gavin is correct.  But to be more specific, the action param feature doesn't support EL variables.  An EL variable is a special page-level variable used by tags such as <c:forEach>.

Actually, this can be fixed for use with Facelets because Facelets includes Unified EL.  Please create a JIRA task for it.  I probably won't get around to fixing it for quite awhile though.

It will also eventually work with the JSF 1.2/JSP 2.1/JSTL 1.2 combo.

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983328#3983328

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983328