[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Error 403 when using DatabaseServerLoginModule

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 6 09:16:32 EST 2006

I havent used Seam and Facelets and am ill-equipped to give you the exact answers.

anonymous wrote : It seems that the page is not correctly rendered when the above code is used.

Any errors that you are seeing when the page is rendered?

anonymous wrote : I have come across Custom JAAS Login Modules but would like to know if there a simple way first before implementing this !!

Going by what you have mentioned so far in this thread, i dont see a need for you to implement a Custom JAAS login module.

anonymous wrote : I need to display certain links only if the User has Admin priviledges...How can i Check which UserRole has been assigned to the session in the XHTML file itself like this
  | where ### should be the condition to check

As i already mentioned, i dont know how you will do it in that XHTML page, but here's what you can do using the request object:

  | String userName = request.getRemoteUser; //will give you the user who has logged in, if any
  |
  | if (request.isUserInRole("Admin") ) {
  |   System.out.println("User: " + userName + " has admin privilege");
  | } else {
  |   System.out.println("User: " + userName + " does NOT have admin privilege");
  | }

Have a look at:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#getRemoteUser()
and