[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How can I set the writable properties of a bean?

Newlukai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 6 10:57:12 EST 2006

Hi folks,

I've a little problem and hope that somebody can help. My application displays properties of an entity bean. The user can edit some properties (h:inputText), some of theam are read-only (h:outputText). At the top of the page there is a drop-down-list. When the user selects an item from this list, some properties of the displayed entity bean shall be changed.
Now my problem: Only the read-only properties are changed. I think that's because JSF has a "browser" data model and just accepts changes made on read-only properties.

Is there a known workaround, technique or setting to enable my component to overwrite entity bean properties?

Thanks a lot
Newlukai

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983477#3983477

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983477