[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - TCP/IP settings for Web Service Client?

tgoepferd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 6 15:54:23 EST 2006

Hello,

I have an application that launches a SOAP request to a .NET web service.   My applcation runs on JBoss 4.0.4 on Redhat vLinux 2.6.9-42.ELsmp (i386) with Java 1.5.0_07_b3

The SOAP messages that I send are being broken into two packets.  Using TCPDUMP, I see that the two packets are being sent within a couple milliseconds.  However, in a few cases, the second packet is not sent for 2 seconds after the first packet is sent.  Since our application requires low latency, a 2 second wait just to get the packet on the wire is too long.

Does anyone know of any possible causes for this?
Does anyone know if my application can set any flags or config settings  to minipulate the TCP/IP stack behavior?

Our client is so far removed ( which I am very happy about) from the TCP/IP implementation, that I assume we are at the mercy of the OS and how JBoss interacts with it.  Never-the-less, this is an important application for us and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd Goepferd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983557#3983557

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983557