[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Custom principal class

nipunbatra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 6 22:23:52 EST 2006

Hi

I have written my own principal classwhcih extends org.jboss.security.SimplePrincipal

Also I have written my own LoginModule whcih extends org.jboss.security.auth.spi.AbstractServerLoginModule

In my module when I call createIdentity method, after that I confirm that identity (i.e. my Principal obejct) is of type MyPrincapl only.

in the login-config.xml I have defined principalClass option

[<application-policy name = "eluminate">

          <login-module code="com.coremetrics.sso.module.DBLoginModule"
             flag = "required">
             <module-option name="debug">true</module-option>
			 <module-option name="unauthenticatedIdentity">guest</module-option>
			 <module-option name="principalClass">com.coremetrics.sso.principal.MyPrincipal</module-option>
          </login-module>

    </application-policy>]

Everything works fine for me and when I login user gets authenticated sucessfully, however when I do request.getUserPrincipal()  I get a principal Object whcih is of type org.jboss.security.SimplePrincipal.

Also when I print that Principal Object, System.out ,   it calls the toString mthod defined in MyPrincipal class.

Same thing happens when I print
org.jboss.security.SecurityAssociation.getSubject().getPrincipals()

Please can anyone tell me what I am missing

Thanks
Nipun

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983617#3983617

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983617