[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: auto redeploy dynamic mbean on JBoss restart

cnsxxx09 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 7 07:23:15 EST 2006

I spoke too soon .... in solving one problem I created another ...

I only want the attribute to be set upon the first ever deployment. Then, when a value changes, it is stored in XML in the xmbean-attrs/ directory so that when JBoss restarts it always loads the last known value.

But if I set the attribute value in the XML service file itself, then this value is *always* used when JBoss restarts and the MBean is deployed .... overriding whatever was in the xmbean-attrs/ directory. So I lose the persistent attributes totally.

I set my persistPolicy to be 'onUpdate', and I guess JBoss sees a deployment as an update ... hence the default value is set into xmbean-attrs/ on deployment .... rather than being read in first.

Back to the drawing board (along with 1. and 3. still).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983717#3983717

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983717