[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Starting a pageflow using s:link with no action binding...

shea.phillips do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 7 20:07:44 EST 2006

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to initiate a pageflow simply using s:link and providing  only a pageflow name and a propagation attribute( ie. no action binding).

The doco indicates shows the example below:

anonymous wrote : If the link begins a conversation, you can even specify a pageflow to be used:

  | <s:link action=?#{documentEditor.getDocument}? propagation=?begin?
  |         pageflow=?EditDocument?/>

I want to do the same, but without the action=... bit.

I currently am experimenting using the following <s:link>:

<s:link propagation="begin" pageflow="dummyFlow">Dummy Flow</s:link>

With the following pageflow:

<pageflow-definition
  |         name="dummyFlow">
  |
  |     <start-state>
  |         <transition to="studyList"/>
  |     </start-state>
  |
  |     <page name="studyList" view-id="/pages/study_list.xhtml" redirect="true">
  |         <transition name="pick" to="studyDetails"/>
  |         <transition name="addNewStudy" to="studyCreationForm"/>
  |         <transition name="done" to="done"/>
  |     </page>

The error I am getting when clicking the s:link-generate link is:

javax.servlet.ServletException: pageflow has not yet started
  | 	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:121)
  | 	org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamRedirectFilter.doFilter(SeamRedirectFilter.java:30)

Any thoughts appreciated.

Shea.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3983965#3983965

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3983965