[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EntityManger-per-user-session...

bkyrlach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 8 15:25:55 EST 2006

See, this still leaves some key questions unanswered.

1) I've updated my ChildActions thusly...

  |     @In @Out
  |     Parent parent;
  |
  |     @Begin
  |     public String preCreateChild()
  |     {
  |         parent = parentActions.getParent(parent.getId());
  |         return "/pc/createChild.xhtml";
  |     }
  |
  |     @End
  |     public String createChild()
  |     {
  |         child.setParent(parent);
  |         parent.getChildren().add(child);
  |         return "/pc/viewer.xhtml";
  |     }

Which _mostly_ works the way I want. The one problem being that this method of adding the children to the parent doesn't take into account annotations on the children collection on parent which has (now) an @OrderBy("name"). By doing the following...

  | em.persist(child);
  | em.flush();
  | em.refresh(user);

I can get around this, but that doesn't seem like it's the right way.

2) For my pre/edit action methods...

  |     @Begin
  |     public String preEditChild(Child child)
  |     {
  |         parent = parentActions.getParent(parent.getId());
  |         this.child = child;
  |         return "/pc/editChild.xhtml";
  |     }
  |
  |     @End
  |     public String editChild()
  |     {
  |         return "/pc/viewer.xhtml";
  |     }

almost works, but again, I find that I have to change the line...

  | this.child = child;

to this...

  | this.child = em.merge(child);

Which also seems bad. I'm guessing I can add a helper method on ChildListBean similar to the method on UserActions that does a find on Activity, but again... all of this magically works when I use a session scoped EM because it doesn't forget these entities so quickly. I guess if it needs be done, then fine. It just seems a little ugly.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3984302#3984302

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3984302