[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - jBPM and multiple JVMs

kwiggen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 8 18:06:23 EST 2006

I have an application that runs accross multiple JVMs (not clustered but actual independent JVMs).  All the locking of resources is actually done at the database so that way the middle tier can not cache any information without locking the DB to prevent other middle tiers from acting on the same data (in most cases).

Can I run jBPM in this scenario?  I would like to install it in every middle tier I have so that way any of the JVMs could make calls to the jBPM to move items through the workflow.  I could have background threads only run on one tier (if necessary) but does jBPM have the appropriate type of DB locking (or some other mechanism) to allow for this?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3984338#3984338

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3984338