[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Error in WSDL with complex type (EJB3 WebService)

martinwhs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 9 03:38:38 EST 2006

Hello,

I use EJB3-annotated Webservices in JBoss 4.0.4 GA. This worked fine, even with rather complex types, up until now.

I have an Interface

  | public interface EntityAware<E> {
  |
  | 	/**
  | 	 * @return an entity of type E
  | 	 * @throws EntityConversionException
  | 	 */
  | 	E getEntity() throws EntityConversionException;
  |
  | }

which I want my DTOs  to implement. Like this:

  | public class PersonInfo implements EntityAware<Person> {

  |                 public Person getEntity() throws EntityConversionException {
  | 		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
  | 		return null;
  | 	}
  |
  | }

If then, such a DTO (implementing the interface) is used as a type in my Webservice, the WSDL gets very complex. It would then include all affected namespaces in the java class hierachy down to java.lang.Class.

Example:

  | <import namespace="http://reflect.lang.java/jaws" />
  | <import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" />
  | <import namespace="http://cert.security.java/jaws" />
  | <import namespace="http://annotation.lang.java/jaws" />
  | <import namespace="http://lang.java/jaws" />
  | <import namespace="http://services.ws.foo.bar.com/jaws" />
  | <import namespace="http://net.java/jaws" />
  | <import namespace="http://security.java/jaws" />
  | <import namespace="http://util.java/jaws" />

Is this a desired behaviour?

To my understanding a DTO should be able to implement any kind of interface without the datatypes of that very interface having any kind of impact on the schema-representation of the DTO in the WSDL.

Is there a way to change that behaviour by configuration or do I need a newer version of jbossws?

Best regards and many thanks,

Martin Hesse

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3984433#3984433

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3984433