[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: auto redeploy dynamic mbean on JBoss restart

cnsxxx09 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 9 04:51:43 EST 2006

Hi,

Are you sure that this setting of default values works?

I have tried deploying the PersistentServiceExample and changing the META-INF/jboss-service.xml file using both suggestions from the Wiki (see the changes I made, below).

In both cases when JBoss restarts and I look in the JMX-Console I see that the value of someString is set to: "I've got the devil inside me"
which of course comes from the definition in the class file.

I would expect that it would have the value: "Test, Test, Test" instead?
Is there a bug? Or did I misunderstand the concept? (I tried with JBoss 4.0.3 and 4.0.5).

Chris
------

I tried this

         [attribute access="read-write" getMethod="getSomeString" setMethod="setSomeString"]
            [name]SomeString[/name]
            [type]java.lang.String[/type]
      	[descriptors]
	         [default value="Test, Test, Test"/]
	      [/descriptors]
         [/attribute]

and also this

         [attribute access="read-write" getMethod="getSomeString" setMethod="setSomeString"]
            [name]SomeString[/name]
            [type]java.lang.String[/type]
	    [value]Test, Test, Test[/value]
         [/attribute]