[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Help needed with InvalidationManager and InvalidationBridge

Marlig do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 9 12:23:54 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I've been searching the forum for a solution to my problem but have not found any. So maybe someone here can help me.

I'm having problems when using the invalidation service in a 2 - nodes cluster environment. It appears that the last started node does not get to know that there are already other nodes with the invalidation manager running. Btw, I tried this up to 4 nodes, it's always the last one to be unaware of the others.

What I'm doing:

1. default InvalidationManager (cache-invalidation-service.xml)  - and InvalidationBridge (cluster-service.xml) - settings at every node.

2. defining and registering of invalidation groups at the InvalidationManager (dynamic via MBean) during startup of every node.

3. startup node 1

4. startup node 2

5. invalidation test of defined invalidation groups at node 1 via jmx-console --> invalidation is done at node1 and node2

6. invalidation test of defined invalidation groups at node 2 via jmx-console --> invalidation is done at node2 only

7. refreshing the InvalidationBridge - MBean at node1 (stop - start) via jmx-console

8. invalidation test of defined invalidation groups at node 2 via jmx-console --> invalidation is now done at node1 and node2

Am I missing something for the setup? Or is this the desired behaviour (which I can hardly imagine)? In the latter case: is it possible to avoid step 7 and automate this process?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Martin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3984601#3984601