[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - tool support for Stub based client programming model

mnsharif do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 9 16:57:59 EST 2006

I have successfuly deployed a web service and i can see the WSDL file thru the http://localhost:8080/rpcStyle/SampleService?wsdl URL.

But when i went thru the documentation about consuming web services (getting started with jboss4.0, jboss AS guide, jbossWS user guide), the impression that i gathered was that the prefered way to consume web services is by running application client on jboss. But still there are certain scenarios where a client would be a standalone java client.

Before trying web services on jboss, i have deployed web services on tomcat using JWSDP and there i used a standalone java client based on stubs generated from published WSDL file to consume the web services. But i cudnt find a single such example (where client stub is generated) in above mentioned jboss docs. So, can somebody provide me a link or simple howTo of client stub generation using jboss specific tools (wstools or whatever)?

Secondly, is there any documentation available on wstools ant task? I mean, just a simple doc listing all attributes and their semantics.

Thanks for yor time all!

PS: I am using the following:
	jboss-4.0.4.GA
	jbossws (and not jbossws14 which is default in 4.0.4)
	JDK 1.5

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3984666#3984666

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3984666