[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam Examples and Ajax

antispart do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 10 16:36:32 EST 2006

I noticed that the booking example isnt actually using ajax to rerender only a portion of the view - the whole view is being rerendered.

The HotelSearchingAction session bean has

   public String find()
   {
      page = 0;
      queryHotels();
      return "main";
   }

I believe that the return should be "null" in order to avoid navigating to the new page, right?

I've tried this in my own app and my a4j components work with the return set to the same as the page (so "main" instead of null), but the whole page gets rerendered not just the appropriate section.  If i set the return to null then the page doesnt get rendered at all.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985058#3985058

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985058