[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Attempt to get JBoss to call my custom login module

bmcgovern do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 11 12:33:02 EST 2006

jcollins.  I feel your pain in that most of the docs im reading on SSO are specific to EJB set ups.  I don't think I can offer you any help in your problem, but i do get the distinct feeling that you are farther along in fixing your problem than I am in mine and hopefully you, or someone paying attention to this thread can help me.

I've got a jboss portal and a separate webapp running on the same host and I want to set up Single sign on for both.  The webapp has its own data store and user base.  The portal comes setup by default with its own userbase and roles etc.  I know its gotta be jaas, and i know I probably have to come up with my own auth module but i have no idea how to integrate it and no doc seems to speak to the first timer.  I need to know pretty much exactly what to put in various xmls.. how to call the auth, what to do with jsps, how to handle exceptions .. the whole nine and im stuck.  Can anyone help?

Heres the detailed thread with my problem's backstory.

http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=94522

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985153#3985153

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985153