[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Is it possible to execute Petstore demo in cluster mode?

mp123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 13 02:16:55 EST 2006

Hello,
  Thanks for your reply.

  Actually, I have run the two servers named node1 and node2 with Apache modjk load balancer by keeping node1 as the main node and it only bound the queue/order and queue/mail.

I have did the below modification in both the server machines node1 as well as node2.

I have copied the jndi.properties file from <JBOSS_HOME>/server/node1/conf/ path and copied to <JBOSS_HOME>/server/node1/lib/ path and with the following modifications.

  | java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  | java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
  | java.naming.provider.url=<node1-ipaddress>:1100, <node2-ip address.:1100

And, the lookup of queue is taken place in the application as follows.

In the file,
"<PETSTORE_HOME>/xpetstore-ejb/java/xpetstore/util/JMSUtil.java"

  |  ic = new InitialContext(  );
  |
  |             Queue queue = ( Queue ) ic.lookup( queueName );
  |
  |             QueueConnectionFactory factory = ( QueueConnectionFactory ) ic.lookup( JNDINames.QUEUE_CONNECTION_FACTORY );
  |             cnn     = factory.createQueueConnection(  );

While running the application, all the transaction is done by node1 till clicking the Submit button for sending mail to user. When I hit the submit button, the transaction goes to the second node node2 in which the queue is not bound.

1. While two server is running, the sending of mail is not done and error comes as shown my post above.
2. If any of one node is down, its automatically bound the queue and running the petstore application successfully.

My problem is, the application should run successfully when all the nodes in the cluster are active.

Please help me.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985320#3985320

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985320