[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Personalized portal general question

Peter.Coppens do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 13 11:13:12 EST 2006

Gentlepeople,

I have the following requirements to implement and for which I think a combined portal/cms system like jboss portal would be very useful

The system has three groups of users and three types of content

The users are

- Administrators - create user groups, users and user (or user group) specific portal pages
- Content providers - create the content and decide which of the users or user groups can see the created information
- Normal users - login in and "consume" the information

The content types are
- Global content, available to all users
- Group content available to a given user group
- Private content, avaiable to a specific user

I would like to implement this using a portal/cms system. I did an initial attempt using Liferay, and while I have it working I did run into a lot of problems (technical problems , missing features and lack of documentation and especially lack of any feedback on the mailing list).

So - simple generic questions really

1/ Has anyone done something similar and how difficult/easy was it using jboss portal

and/or

2/ Anyone any high level guidelines as to how I could translate my requirements to jboss portal concepts.

I understand these are very high level questions but before I dive into learning the details of jboss portal it would be nice to have some feed-back.

*Anytype* of feedback would be warmly welcomed

Peter Coppens

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985491#3985491

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985491