[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: UPDATED: SelectItems (the one with the EntityConverter)

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 13 11:18:18 EST 2006

Hi Luis

Thanks for the feedback.  I discovered a similar problem when putting a si:selectitems in a datatable [1].  As I mentioned above I've been further refactoring the code to support JSP as well as facelets - a side of effect of this refactoring is that it (for me) solves the problem [2].  I hope to put out the new code in a couple of days time.

[1] In beta1 the handler executes the parent's value binding so that it can try to guess which converter to attach.  I put this code in onComponentCreated, which, if you are using a dataTable/ui:repeat is before the iteration variable is available.

[2] In the refactored version the work is done when the value binding is executed hence the problem does not arise.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985496#3985496

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985496