[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: how to install portal 2.6 from source?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 13 17:14:30 EST 2006

Here is how you build the latest 2.6 from source:

1) Extract the source from Subversion:

   svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/portal/trunk

2) Run the build in the build directory:

   cd trunk/build
   ./build.sh

The binary output is located at ./trunk/core/output/lib/jboss-portal.sar.  Copy this directory to the server/default/deploy directory.

Then you need to also set up the datasource.  I'll leave this an a exercise for the reader. If you want to cheat (I always do), download the binary and grab the datasource-related files form there.

P.S.  Yes, I ignored your question about thirdparty because the first thing the build does is populate that directory with the necessary components.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985631#3985631

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985631