[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Parameter in EL in s:link problem

virgo47 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 13 18:56:17 EST 2006

Thanks Gavin... addition to faces-config.xml helped. But I'm kinda confused now. My looks like this now:

  | <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
  | <!DOCTYPE faces-config PUBLIC
  | 	"-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JavaServer Faces Config 1.1//EN"
  | 	"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_1.dtd">
  |
  | <faces-config>
  | 	<application>
  | 		<view-handler>org.jboss.seam.ui.facelet.SeamFaceletViewHandler</view-handler>
  | 	</application>
  |
  | 	<!-- A phase listener is needed by all Seam applications
  | 	-->
  | 	<lifecycle>
  | 		<phase-listener>org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamPhaseListener</phase-listener>
  | 	</lifecycle>
  | </faces-config>

And the one from booking demo looks like this:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE faces-config
  |     PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JavaServer Faces Config 1.0//EN"
  |     "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_0.dtd">
  |
  | <faces-config>
  |
  |     <!-- Select one of the standard transaction models for the Seam application -->
  |
  |     <lifecycle>
  |         <phase-listener>org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamPhaseListener</phase-listener>
  |     </lifecycle>
  |
  | </faces-config>

Why you don't need that view-handler? I can't notice difference between JSF 1.0 or 1.1 in header (tried both). I had no view-handler there and it worked fine but when I started to experiment with it (after your post) it suddenly stopped to process JSF at all (browser offers download and it was raw JSF) - I can't reproduce that EL exception. ;-)

I'm glad it works now (and it even fixed my other problem), just little confused. I saw some JSF/EJB3 stuff before, but this all is overwhelming for me so far. ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985649#3985649

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3985649