[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Process data in practice...?

AlClientView do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 14 22:10:57 EST 2006

Hi All,

Please tell me if this is a right way of seing a "Jbpm application" or if I am missing something:

There are two Databases, one is the company DB with all the data related to their business (going from Employees data to Sales...) and this other one is the JBPM DB.

The user defines some variables by using the Task node. The scope of
some variables will only be the process instance but some other variables will be mapped to the company's DB and will be also used by other process definition.

My question is for the variables that are mapped to the company's DB:
The way to initialise/update (from/in the company's DB) those variables is to write a Custom Controller and implement the access from/to of the company's DB in the initializeTaskVariables and submitTaskVariables methods ???
(Or some custom actions can do the job upon the "node enter" and the "node leave" event but the custom controler seems done just for that...)

How do the typcal applications handle this ?

Thank you,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986014#3986014

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986014