[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Problem looking up EJBs after upgrading to 4.05 from 4.03sp1

suneetshah do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 15 09:18:02 EST 2006

Hello,

I have a web app that looks up several EJBs. Up until I did the upgrade to 4.05, everything was working fine. I appreciate any insight into this problem. I have pasted the code below:

jndiContext = getInitialContext();
AuthenticatorHome aHome = (AuthenticatorHome)  jndiContext.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/Authenticator");

This code now throughs a class cast exception. The JNDI lookup returns an object type diamelle.security.AuthenticatorHome instead of diamelle.security.auth.AuthenticatorHome

The deployment descriptors in the web are:

web.xml
 <ejb-ref id="EjbRef_1115827810859">
    <ejb-ref-name>ejb/Authenticator</ejb-ref-name>
    <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
    diamelle.security.auth.AuthenticatorHome
    diamelle.security.auth.Authenticator
 </ejb-ref>

jboss-web.xml
	<ejb-ref>
        <ejb-ref-name>ejb/Authenticator</ejb-ref-name>
		<jndi-name>diamelle.security.Authenticator</jndi-name>
	</ejb-ref>

Thanks in advance for your help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986149#3986149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986149