[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Seeking answers to a few questions about JBoss & WSRP

muted do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 15 10:34:59 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating JBoss Portal for a potential project involving a few key customer portals and WSRP. I've read through most of the documentation and the wiki and created a few test portlets to demostrate the basic idea to the customers. However, a few key questions still need answering before we can commit to using JBoss as the portal server. I've done searching on the forums but these two are still unclear to me.

1) WSRP registration

Reading the user manual and wiki, I've understood that the current implementation of WSRP offers no registration possibilities for the WSRP producer side. However, I've noticed functions to force registration in the Javadocs.
(See http://docs.jboss.org/jbportal/v2.4/javadoc/org/jboss/portal/wsrp/producer/WSRPProducerImpl.html )

Is mandatory registration already possible and the documentation just doesn't reflect this yet or are there any patches or hotfixes/hacks that would enable us to require registration for the WSRP customers? The system we're planning on implementing would require a mandatory registration scheme.

2) User/session data

This is more of a general portlet/WSRP question. We haven't had time to test WSRP in action yet, we've just focused on creating some proof-of-concept portlets running on JBoss. When a user logs in to the WSRP customer's portal, am I correct in assuming that any setAttribute/getAttribute, getRemoteUser and similar-methods invoked in the RenderRequest will be based on the WSRP customer's session data. The reason I'm asking is that the system would use some data from the WSRP customer's user database to focus back-end searches on the corrent datasets.

Thank you in advance, I hope that we will be able to use JBoss Portal as the platform.

-Pekka

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986168#3986168

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986168