[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Formula Hibernate error

anescu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 15 11:11:26 EST 2006

Hi,

I modified the seam issue tracking example, I have 2 entities, Type & Expense. Expense has a value field, of type Integer. In the Type entity I have a field expenseValue which should keep the sum of all the Expenses for a Type.
The code looks like this:

    @Formula("(select sum(i.value) from Expense i where i.type_name = name)")
    public int getExpenseValue()
    {
       return expenseValue;
    }

The result should be displayed on the Type list (first page that gets displayed). I get an error with this stacktrace:

If I change the type from int to Integer its working, but I get no value on the types that have no expenses.

Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: Null value was assigned to a property of primitive type setter of org.jboss.seam.example.issues.Type.expenseValue
	at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.throwPersistenceException(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:641)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:73)
	at org.jboss.seam.example.issues.TypeFinderBean.executeQuery(TypeFinderBean.java:39)
	at org.jboss.seam.example.issues.TypeFinderBean.findTypes(TypeFinderBean.java:35)
	... 80 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: Null value was assigned to a property of primitive type setter of org.jboss.seam.example.issues.Type.expenseValue
	at org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor$BasicSetter.set(BasicPropertyAccessor.java:85)
	at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.AbstractEntityTuplizer.setPropertyValues(AbstractEntityTuplizer.java:337)
	at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.setPropertyValues(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:200)
	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.setPropertyValues(AbstractEntityPersister.java:3499)

I use JBossAS 4.0.5 (from jems installer, EJB3 config) and Seam GA 1.0.1.
I can send you the code, if necessary. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986189#3986189

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986189