[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Error using objects as Fqn's in PojoCache

rogue_one do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 15 12:07:31 EST 2006

I have a possible bug in JBoss Cache, but I'm not sure...

I'm using Objects (not Strings) as Fqn's, in a PojoCache, and later, calling the PojoCache.findObjects() method, I obtain  a ClassCastException. Diving into code, I watch this (in TreeCacheAopDelegate.java):

  | protected void findChildObjects(Fqn fqn, Map map) throws CacheException
  |    {
  |       // We need to traverse then
  |       Set set = cache_.getChildrenNames(fqn);
  |       if(set == null) return; // We stop here.
  |       Iterator it = set.iterator();
  |       while(it.hasNext())
  |       {
  |          String obj = (String)it.next();
  |          Fqn newFqn = new Fqn(fqn, obj);
  |
  |          Object pojo = _getObject(newFqn);
  |          if(pojo != null)
  |          {
  |             map.put(newFqn, pojo);
  |          } else
  |          {
  |             findChildObjects(newFqn, map);
  |          }
  |       }
  |    }

The objects contained in the set (which is the result of getChildrenNames() function) aren't Strings, so the cast to String fails.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986221#3986221

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986221