[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to impliment a Paged + Sorted DataTable (session) wi

antispart do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 16 13:46:26 EST 2006

"norman.richards at jboss.com" wrote : If you took the scope off of the factory itself and outjected the datamodel into page scope, then when the list changed in sort() the results would show up.  If you wanted it outjected on every access to the page (not just ones that call sort) then use a page action.

Hm, I guess the problem is that I need it both ways:

1) Refreshed data on every page load, so a browser refresh would bring up new data.

2) No refresh of data (no db call) when making using an ajax4jsf commandButton where the table is not to be reRendered.

Ideally, there would be a data refresh (db call) only in the case that i browse away from the page. so browsing to any other page would reset the DataModel.

I guess this would be a "page exit action"? Or is there another way of doing this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986645#3986645

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986645