[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using the EntityHome and problems therein

sjmenden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 16 16:04:59 EST 2006

I copied an example working project I created using seam gen where it generated:

  | <s:link id="ticket" value="#{ticket.name}" view="/ticket.xhtml">
  |     <f:param name="ticketId" value="#{ticket.id}"/>
  | </s:link>

Whereas mine looks like this, the value doesn't matter since it is for display.

  | <s:link id="ticket" value="#{ticket.id}" view="/ticket.xhtml">
  |    <f:param name="ticketId" value="#{ticket.id}"/>
  | </s:link>

tempTicket is only for the temporary Ticket instance for searching.  In the dataTable I have tickets as my object and each individual is ticket, so ticket.id works.

The problem is when I click the link above to try to view an individual ticket, no ticket gets loaded in the background.

Honestly, it is because I don't understand the "magic" that is going on.  ticketId is getting passed as a parameter, however, in the EntityHome and Home objects from Seam I can't see anywhere that it trys to read in the id or ticketId as a RequestParameter.  I would really like to know how it magic is working when it works

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986675#3986675

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3986675