[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - JBPM Timer Action

itsmeprash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 17 07:21:35 EST 2006

Hi,

I have written a JBPM Timer Action Handler.

STEPS:
1) Enable the JBPM Scheduler Servlet in web.xml
2) In the process definition define the timer tag.

  |   <task-node name="First Task Task Task[9-1.1]">
  |     <task name="First Task Task Task[9-1.1]" duedate="1 business days">
  |       <assignment actor-id="jeromepater"/>
  |       <timer duedate="6 business hours">
  |         <action class="org.springmodules.workflow.jbpm31.JbpmHandlerProxy" name="tasktimer" config-type="bean">
  |           <targetBean>updateEscalationForActor</targetBean>
  |           <factoryKey>jbpmConfiguration</factoryKey>
  |         </action>
  |       </timer>
  |     </task>
  |     <event type="task-start">
  |       <action class="org.springmodules.workflow.jbpm31.JbpmHandlerProxy" name="taskstart" config-type="bean">
  |         <targetBean>taskStartEvent</targetBean>
  |         <factoryKey>jbpmConfiguration</factoryKey>
  |       </action>
  |     </event>
  |     <transition to="1-join"/>
  |   </task-node>

3) In the ActionClass i am calling

  |        Timer timer = executionContext.getTimer();
  |         Date date = timer.getDueDate();

Here i am getting a null pointer exception for timer.  The timer object is not available to me.  I looked at the classes in org.jbpm.scheduler.impl.*, but don't know where it fails.  In Timer.execute see a call for action.execute(executionContext);  Before that

  |     // first fire the event if there is a graph element specified
  |     if (graphElement!=null) {
  |       graphElement.fireAndPropagateEvent(Event.EVENTTYPE_TIMER, executionContext);
  |     }

Is the timer Object for sure set in the Execution context when the fireAndPropogateEvent is called.  Is there anything i am missing here.

Please help.
Thanks
Prash

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986810#3986810