[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Where's the Binding?

russray do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 17 22:03:26 EST 2006

I am running MyEclipse 5.1 with JBoss4.0.5.  I have ported my code over from WSAD to MyEclipse 5.1  I have removed all my IBM specific files and started anew.  I have the projects build and deploying to JBoss on my local machine.  I have a data source setup to a SQL Server database.  I can start the server with no errors.  When I bring up the Application within a browser, I receive the below error.

  | 20:38:23,421 FATAL [ConfigException] {ServiceLocator}{getDataSource}{CONFIG0001}{Failed to find EJB Reference from JNDI tree}{External Message:jdbc not bound}
  | {ServiceLocator}{getDataSource}{CONFIG0001}{Failed to find EJB Reference from JNDI tree}{External Message:jdbc not bound}

What is interesting is my data source is identified with the -ds.xml and the tables are created specifically for JMS, so I know the database is accessible.  I have looked on the web and can see the following is recommended.

In the jboss-web.xml

  | <jboss-web>
  |    <resource-ref>
  |         <res-ref-name>jdbc/pidbdev</res-ref-name>
  |         <jndi-name>java:jdbc/pidbdev</jndi-name>
  |     </resource-ref>
  | </jboss-web>

In the web.xml

  |   <resource-ref>
  |      <description>DB Connection</description>
  |      <res-ref-name>jdbc/pidbdev</res-ref-name>
  |      <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
  |       <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  |   </resource-ref>

And the data source -ds.xml

  |       datasources>
  | - <xa-datasource>
  |   <jndi-name>jdbc/pidbdev</jndi-name>
  |   <track-connection-by-tx />
  |   <isSameRM-override-value>false</isSameRM-override-value>
  |   <xa-datasource-class>com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource</xa-datasource-class>
  |   <xa-datasource-property name="ServerName">meserver</xa-datasource-property>
  |   <xa-datasource-property name="DatabaseName">medb</xa-datasource-property>
  |   <xa-datasource-property name="SelectMethod">cursor</xa-datasource-property>
  | - <!--  not sure if these should be here
  |   -->
  |   <user-name>user1</user-name>
  |   <password>pwd1</password>
  | - <!--  corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (optional)
  |   -->
  | - <metadata>
  |   <type-mapping>MS SQLSERVER2000</type-mapping>
  |   </metadata>
  |   </xa-datasource>
  |   </datasources>

When I look through the server logs, I see the following item telling me everything is correctly attached:

  |    [WrapperDataSourceService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=jdbc/pidbdev' to JNDI name 'java:jdbc/pidbdev'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Thank you for readding my post...

Russ

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987036#3987036

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987036