[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - XA Transactions Warnings on JBoss startup.

russray do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 19 08:19:02 EST 2006

I am hoping someone can assist me.  I have been working through setting up JBoss 4.0.5 with SQL Server2000 using a XA transaction.  I am really new to JBOSS.. :-)

I have gotten the data source setup using this information in my -ds.xml.

  | <datasources>
  |     <xa-datasource>
  |                 <jndi-name>jdbc/pidbdev</jndi-name>
  |                 <track-connection-by-tx/>
  |                 <isSameRM-override-value>false</isSameRM-override-value>
  |                  <xa-datasource-class>com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource</xa-datasource-class>
  |                  <xa-datasource-property name="ServerName">me_server</xa-datasource-property>
  |                  <xa-datasource-property name="DatabaseName">me_db</xa-datasource-property>
  |                  <xa-datasource-property name="SelectMethod">cursor</xa-datasource-property>
  |                   <xa-datasource-property name="User">p1</xa-datasource-property>
  |                   <xa-datasource-property name="Password">p1</xa-datasource-property>
  |                  <min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
  |                  <max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
  |
  |                 <metadata>
  |                       <type-mapping>MS SQLSERVER2000</type-mapping>
  |                  </metadata>
  |                  <check-valid-connection-sql>SELECT * FROM invalidate</check-valid-connection-sql>
  |      </xa-datasource>
  | </datasources>

When the server comes up, I can see the SQL Server connection is being made, but soon after I get several warnings (all the same).  I do not understand.  Below is a typical warning message:

  | 15:14:16,269 WARN [TransactionImpl] XAException: tx=TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalI d=rray-wxp/1, BranchQual=, localId=1] errorCode=XAER_RMERR javax.transaction.xa.XAException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]xa_commit (4 0000000) returns -4 at com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerImplXAResource.executeXaRpc(Unknown Source)

I am not really sure I understand what is happening inside JBoss that would give me a warning while the server is starting up.  I was hoping someone inside this forum would share with me their experience from this area.  Can someone please carlify this for me?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post.

Russ

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987144#3987144

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987144