[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Can't get a stateless session bean to work - JNDI can't

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 20 00:11:24 EST 2006

"Azavia" wrote : Yeha I know, but how do you create that queue? I mean how do you specify that such a queue at that jndi name should be created? that's what I'm not understanding.

Use a *-service.xml file in your deploy directory to create an MBean for the JMS Queue or Topic.  For instance, JBossMQ ships as the default Messaging implementation, and the default queues/topics are in $JBOSS_HOME/server/[instanceName]/jms/jbossmq-destinations-service.xml.

Either alter the "test" topics/queues in there, or make a new one (eg this Topic):

<mbean
  | 		code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Topic"
  | 		name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Topic,name=yourTopicName">
  | 		<depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">
  | 			jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager
  | 		</depends>
  | 		<depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">
  | 			jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager
  | 		</depends>
  | 		<attribute name="JNDIName">
  | 			yourPrefix/yourJndiName
  | 		</attribute>
  | 	</mbean>

Some great examples/docs have been contributed here:

http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossMQ

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987208#3987208